Content View Question

I am starting to understand the whole process more! I am following along with Chris’s Chat App tutorials and when is doing the onboarding process at first, he codes in "AuthViewModel.isUserLoggedIn() after you codes in “@State var isOnboarding =”. And I put in the “@State var isOnboarding =” but the thing is with my mine, the user isn’t logging in, they can go through the process how many ever times they like by liking join and it will take them the process again, so my question is what do I put for mine?

This is the code I have right now

import SwiftUI

struct ContentView: View {

@State var isOnboarding =

var body: some View {

VStack {

Text("Hello, world")

.fullSscreenCover(isPresented: $isOnboarding) {
            // On dismiss
        } content: {
            // The Onboarding Sequence
        }
    }
}
}
struct ContentView_Previews: PreviewProvider {
    static var previews: some View {
        ContentView()
    }
}

One question: Given that some time back you said that this App is “a messaging app where people across the world and the u.s. can connect/message people who have the same birthday as them”

If that is the case, how are you going to connect those users?

My thinking was that lets say that the users birthday is today, they will go on the app, type their name and birthday in and their phone or web database will detect who else’s birthday is today, then they will get the option to choose whoever they want to send the mesage too. Am I wrong?

So the phone will automatically search somewhere to find other people with the same birthday?

Yes. Isn’t that possible with all the technology and things that we have now these days

Absolutely not.

At the very least your App will need to have to integrate some kind of database to enable users to Login and create a user Profile which would include their birthday.

That will enable a search to be performed to search for other users of your App with the same birthday as theirs.

Do you see how complicated this is getting?

Databases like Firebase are not straight forward. It’s more difficult than what you are dealing with now.

Yes, I see. Now I have to go back in the video and see about firebase and how he did it

Would advise leaving fire base til later as it’s going to be one of the more complex things you do.

Try creating your login screen, your registration screen and your screen after a user logs in. You can practice passing objects through your screens via Navigation. Eventually these objects will come back from fire base but for time being you can pass them through your screens.

Looking at your posts - this seems like the area best to look at next.