Grrr Apple Release 11.2

I don’t generally like running beta software, both my Mac Pro and Macbook Pro are both development AND production machines.

I am working on a project and I wanted to run it on my phone which I have updated to 13.2, only to discover that Xcode 11.1, the ONLY released version, will not run on 13.2! Ug.

I will wait a week or so to complete my testing. This was a first for me that Apple was behind the power curve with Xcode.

Blessings,
—Mark

2 Likes

Oh man! I just saw this! Haha looks like I’m holding off to update to iOS 13.2

Hey Mark! I just saw in my Mac App Store you can update Xcode to work with iOS 13.2

1 Like

Well, I am chagrined. I expect the update did not automatically alert me that it was waiting because I turned OFF Auto-updates because I can’t let either of my machines upgrade to Catalina probably til .1 or .2 releases. By then developers will have time to squash bugs!!

Thanks for alerting me!!
Blessings,
—Mark

1 Like

No problem!! Lol I think I’ve told my Mac to “remind me tomorrow” about the Catalina update since it came out :joy::joy::joy:

Hey All,

Just in case you run into this… I attempted to submit an update to an app today and Xcode complained that I was using a beta version. Nope. 11.2 from the App Store.

What I discovered is there is a critical update to 11.2.1 that must be used but it has not dropped to App Store as yet. A GM is available to grab from the developer portal and once the new version fo Xcode was installed (takes a while!), the update submission went right through!

Hope that helps solve some temporary frustration.
Blessings,
—Mark