Help with Favorites Button

I am working on a music catalog app and while I have the bulk it working I want to be able to mark an album as a favorite from the row view as well as the detail view. This function works when marking an album as a favorite on the row view and it shows correctly when moving to the detail view. The issue I am having is if I mark an album on the detail view it doesn’t refresh the row view when moving back to the row view. The below code is a stripped down version of what I am trying to do. View1 represents the row view and View2 represents the detail view.

I am sure it is something really simple that I am missing but I am still fairly new to iOS development and kind of running out of ideas. I am also using UserDefaults instead of AppStorage as it seemed easier to pass a variable as the key to UserDefaults than it was to AppStorage and the views are separate files in my main project but for the sake of the test project/code it was easier to combine them for testing. Anyway, any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

import SwiftUI

struct View1: View {

var body: some View {
        NavigationView {
            VStack {
                NavigationLink(
                    destination: View2(),
                    label: {
                        let myKey = "item1"
                        let favoritesStatus = UserDefaults.standard.bool(forKey: myKey)
                        FavoritesView(isFavorites: myKey, favoritesStatus: favoritesStatus)
                            .padding(.horizontal, 30)
                        Text("Go To View 2")
                })
            }
        }
    }
}

struct View2: View {
        let myKey = "item1"
        let favoritesStatus = UserDefaults.standard.bool(forKey: myKey)
        VStack {
            FavoritesView(isFavorites: myKey, favoritesStatus: favoritesStatus)
                .padding(.horizontal, 30)
        }
    }
}

struct FavoritesView: View {
    @State var isFavorites: String
    @State var favoritesStatus: Bool

ZStack {
            Image(systemName: favoritesStatus ? "star.fill" : "star" )
                .foregroundColor(.yellow)
                .font(.system(size: 20))

Image(systemName: "star")
                .font(.system(size: 20))
                .foregroundColor(.black)
        }
        .onTapGesture {
            updateFavoritesStatus()
        }
    }

func updateFavoritesStatus() {
        favoritesStatus = !favoritesStatus
        UserDefaults.standard.set(favoritesStatus, forKey: isFavorites)
    }

}

struct ContentView_Previews: PreviewProvider {
    static var previews: some View {
        View1()
    }
}

I would recommend using App Storage for this exact reason

SwiftUI has a dedicated property wrapper for reading values from UserDefaults , which will automatically reinvoke your view’s body property when the value changes. That is, this wrapper effectively watches a key in UserDefaults , and will refresh your UI if that key changes

Otherwise if you don’t want to, you should be able to add an onDisappear modifier to your first view when the view2 is dismissed and call a function to update your model