Just signed up for the year, thought I'd make the most of it

Hi guys,

Looked at my very first line of code 4 days ago! I looked at it and thought, I can NEVER learn this!

I’m on a boat working at the moment so internet is terrible, which makes this harder, but, after 8 hours of learning, I was sat left without internet and unable to watch more tutorials, so set about in playground on my own. (I’ve now reverted to screen recording the whole module so I can watch it back.)

Within 36 hours of having looked at my first line of code, I was teaching myself IF / AND / OR commands and I managed to program in line of best fit to a given set of XY coordinates. It’s not clean by any means, but it worked. I couldn’t be happier.

I’m now at a bit of a standstill, I can’t do any of the SwiftUI stuff as my laptop is 2010, so can’t get Xcode 12. New i9 8 core Macbook pro with 64GB of memory is en route, so hopefully be smashing through it soon.

I have a specific app i want (NEED) to build, and i don’t see how I won’t be able to very soon with this course. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community Kirk!

Congrats on your first line of code :partying_face::partying_face:

That new MBP sounds awesome! Best of luck! Feel free to ask questions in the forum, it’s best to create a new topic, if after searching you don’t find something. That way in the forum we can mark if questions have been solved or not, to help out others

Best of luck with your journey!