Learn Courses My Dashboard

Lesson 12 Challenge of 14 Day Beginner Challenge

I’ve been searching everywhere for the solution but no luck. For the lesson 12 of the beginner challenge, am I supposed to use if statement to achieve the goal? The code I written is as below, the problem is, I couldn’t figure out what is the right condition to make sure the number decreases to something below 0. It starts with 0 and increases to 50s, and then it decrease to something less then 50 and the first condition is matched, so it goes back to increase again.

I checked the video of Lesson 12 several times, to make sure I did not missed anything there, still no clue.

Please help, thanks.

//
// ContentView.swift
// CWC_Tests
//
// Created on 4/28/21.
//

import SwiftUI

struct ContentView: View {
@State var currentNumber = 0

var body: some View {
    VStack {
        Text(String(currentNumber))
        Button(action: {
            if currentNumber < 50 {
                increase()
            }
            else if currentNumber > 50 {
                decrease()
            }
        }, label: {
            Text("Increase")
        })
    }
}
func increase() {
    let randomNum = Int.random(in: 1...10)
    currentNumber += randomNum
}
func decrease() {
    let randomNum = Int.random(in: 1...10)
    currentNumber -= randomNum
}

}

struct ContentView_Previews: PreviewProvider {
static var previews: some View {
ContentView()
}
}

hmm how does it decrease? i don’t even see a “decrease” function inside the button action there

of course it will also be possible to go more than 50 or go into the negative since you are decreasing or increasing a random number between 1 to 10

btw, you posted this in the wrong section you should post it in either app category or course students category

Thanks for the reply, seems I’ve pasted the wrong code and I edited with the new code.

To update, I’ve found the solution in the dropbox, thanks again.

1 Like