MacOS app's in Xcode

hello, I have a macbook pro os High Sierra and I would like to use Xcode on this mac but I can’t do it. Can you help me please ??

Hi Amine,

Welcome to the community.

You can use Xcode on High Sierra but you will be limited to an earlier version of it rather than the latest version which is Xcode 11.5.

What year is your MacBook?

Hi Chris,

my mac is from 2011, how can i get the old version of xcode?

You will need Xcode 10 which is available from the Apple Developer site. If you do not have a developer account you can create one here: https://developer.apple.com

I think you will be asked to set up Two Factor authentication but I can’t remember if you can skip that initially or whether it is now mandatory.

You don’t need to have a paid account initially in order to download earlier versions of Xcode. There are limitations to a free developer account and that centers around the number of Apps you can create within a specific time period (I don’t know what that limit is at the moment). For the moment, don’t be too concerned about that.

Once you have created your account you need to go to the Download section and in the top right of your screen you should see three options Beta, Release and More. Click on More.

In the search field, type in Xcode 10 to narrow down the list.

The one you want is Xcode 10.1 which is the latest version you can run on High Sierra.

(According to posts on StackOverflow you can install a later version of Xcode 10 but that requires some knowledge of the operating system and unless you are well versed with the workings of MacOS I would not recommend it.)

Thank you very much Chris

@Amine please move this post to the App Development category, it is not a tutorial request