MatchApp Troubleshooting after Lesson5

I am at the end of Lesson5 now, actually yesterday did everything work, but today i am having an error:

Fatal error: Unexpectedly found nil while implicitly unwrapping an Optional value: file /Users/petrlos/Documents/_pokusy/_code with chris/Match App 1/Match App/ViewController.swift, line 22

2020-04-19 11:27:04.273931+0200 Match App[13630:1847649] Fatal error: Unexpectedly found nil while implicitly unwrapping an Optional value: file /Users/petrlos/Documents/_pokusy/_code with chris/Match App 1/Match App/ViewController.swift, line 22

if i comment the lines 22, the error happens on line 23… after commenting both lines, nothing is displayed in Simulator…

i absolutely have no clue why…

what am i doing wrong? :slight_smile:

could you please share your code from lines 1 to 23?

i wanted to post the screen and realized, that the dot (see the line “13”) was EMPTY meaning IBOutlet was not created properly… i have deleted the old one, created a new one and it is working…

i really dont know, how it could be, that yesterday was everything working just fine and today no more… anyway, it works now :slight_smile:

Hi @Petr_Los ,

Next time can you please put your question in the “App Development” category??

Requests and feedback is about requests for Chris to do different videos or feedback about the videos, not about trouble shooting. That’s for the app dev category