MKLocalSearch produces SearchAttribution Error and Error Domain=GEOErrorDomain Code=-8

Yup.

ChrisParkerWA

This would make much it much simpler.

I agree, the invite is pending.

Got it.

Let me open the project with Xcode and see what I can figure out.

1 Like

Have you tried to add the Firebase dependencies via SPM or have you already been down that path and discovered that some frameworks have to be imported via cocoapods?

1 Like

Been down that path, and it broke (I will try it again). Also, I am aware Google Places is imported via Cocoapods, I just haven’t removed it.

OK no worries.

Just trying to build it now.

There appears to be a missing file - LoaderUI in the Packages folder. Is that critical?

No, just remove it and it will grab itself from GitHub.

Build successful with 100 warnings. Pretty normal for Firebase via cocoapods.

How do I replicate the issue you are experiencing?

Open create party, click on the map icon, click on the search icon, type in any location and then just wait a few seconds.

OK, did that. The Map started off in the middle of Colorado?? Moved across to San Francisco and zoomed in till I could see a knife and fork icon (Food joint) and dropped a pin then clicked on Done. Goes back to the Create Party View and places the words
Map Location in the location field. Like this:

Clicked on Done and the View transistions to the Restaurant View and provides a whole lot of Restaurants to select from. Neat.

Thanks! The idea is a blind vote system on where to go with friends. However, when searching for a location from the map view, did you see the issue? Also, I thought the newest version was pushed, but it got stuck. It would be great if you could download the new version, or if using GitHub desktop pull origin to get the search function and bug fixes. Thank you again!

No the issue did not show up as far as I can tell.

Have you pushed the latest version? The most recent update according to GitHub is 4 hours ago.

Can you show a video of the search autocomplete for 5 seconds (from the map)? Also, can you please make sure that the build is 144?

The build is 144.

I will take a vid for you and post it via a private message. This thread is getting rather long already and our chatter should be private I think.

1 Like

Agreed

UPDATE: I ended up using Peter W. Alt - MapKit Location Search with SwiftUI instead. It now works perfectly!