New Member Introductions

I echo what Balaji has said. We are all in this journey together. Can’t wait to see your progress! Welcome again to the CodeCrew family, and just keep on having fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is very, very doable, Bill! We’re cheering for you. Feel free to post your questions and concerns in this forum anytime. A meaningful and productive career awaits! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, my name is Chris. 31 year olds, i’m a Java developer with more than 10 years exprience in software development, Now i’m a beginner to Ios and Swift and very happy to join and learn from your guide, thank you so much

1 Like

Welcome, Chris…Though you are the beginner to iOS and Swift, so many members here are started their journey of iOS here and me too :star_struck: Hope you will be an advanced apple developer in just a few days. Congrats :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you! This is such a welcoming community. Glad I chose to learn here.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t run Swift in browser

Wow, we’ve got another Chris here at CodeWithChris, haha. Welcome to the family! We’re so happy to see you progress from being a beginner to an rockstar iOS app developer. Have fun! :slight_smile:

Hello people of Code Crew!
I am starting in on Coding with Chris and the first set of lessons has been very promising. I have been out of programming for 10 years now and I find the process of getting back at it quite intimidating. I would like to review even how to post properly and want to interact with the robot some more so I don’t mess up when posting (I haven’t done that at all in the past). I would like someone to at least get me back to the robot for a bit more practice. And to learn better how to ask for help!

1 Like

Waves hello back at ya! Welcome to the CodeCrew family! Happy that you are now onboard with us as we learn iOS app development together. And yes, you can easily post your questions in this forum so that our technical support and other students can help you out. You’re not gonna be alone in this challenging yet REWARDING learning journey. Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your response! It seems unusual to get attention from a forum. It is a good idea to make people on a similar quest feel welcome when they are still shaky in this process. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I am Waheed Afolabi from Lagos, Nigeria and an Associate Software Engineer at Decagon. I am changing careers into iOS Engineering and have been watching resources provided by Chris on YT.

I am also guiding beginners on this journey as well because, beside other things, Decagon prides in training Engineers into different tech stack and iOS is one of those tech.

I joined this community yesterday and it’s been fun.

Kind regards,
Waheed Afolabi

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I am Lewis and I am currently still studying but became interested in app coding from CWC on Youtube. I would love to develop my coding skills to hopefully one day become a professional app developer. I also have many aspirations for personal apps I would like to create to help myself in everyday life.

2 Likes

Welcome @ldgibbs58219

1 Like

Welcome to the family, Waheed! You seem so skilled and experienced so we’re very glad that you’re now a part of our community. Update us on your projects soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yay, you will get there, Lewis! It will be a challenging yet FUN and REWARDING journey for you for sure. Glad that you are starting learning iOS app development early. You’ll soon reap the rewards! Have fun learning! :slight_smile:

HI CodeCrew

My name is Mike and I think I’d like to tinker with developing apps. I am retired now but I always wanted an opportunity to program as work but never did get one. So now I have a lot of time and maybe I’ll find I like it. I used to work in IT, the networking side of it, so maybe I’ll get to do some apps along that line. Will depend on if I can grasp this and if I like it.

2 Likes

You are welcome the fam Mike…I am quite sure you’ll find this side interesting as well.

1 Like

Waheed. I do find it interesting. I’ve completed lessons 1-3 of the 29 day beginner challenge and have not hit the hump yet.
Thanks,'Mike

1 Like

Hi everyone !
I am a Designer and have always been interested in coding but never really made the first steps to get started. It seems so daunting! During my design process I often come up with ideas that circle around an App and I would love to be able to prototype them quickly and test my ideas. I also want to be able to read and understand code eventually and be able to realise apps and other code related things. I am currently doing my MFA and have projects where creating apps would help sell the idea and the product.
I am just starting out and I think xCode and swift are ideal to get into coding for beginners like me.
Currently the project I am working on would benefit from an app that serves as some kind of diary/journal application where I can gather data (locally on my phone) related to a few inputs. (related to calendar data, time, a list of specific inputs to choose from, maybe location and the ability to snap fotos to add to that data) Something like this. I know I am just starting out but I am already getting excited during the first few videos of the Beginner series on youtube!
Thank you!
Best,
Christoph

2 Likes

Awesome decision to invest in another skill, Mike! It will surely be a rewarding experience for you. We’re just here to assist, never forget. Have fun and welcome to the family!