New Member Introductions

Yay, you will get there, Lewis! It will be a challenging yet FUN and REWARDING journey for you for sure. Glad that you are starting learning iOS app development early. You’ll soon reap the rewards! Have fun learning! :slight_smile:

HI CodeCrew

My name is Mike and I think I’d like to tinker with developing apps. I am retired now but I always wanted an opportunity to program as work but never did get one. So now I have a lot of time and maybe I’ll find I like it. I used to work in IT, the networking side of it, so maybe I’ll get to do some apps along that line. Will depend on if I can grasp this and if I like it.

2 Likes

You are welcome the fam Mike…I am quite sure you’ll find this side interesting as well.

1 Like

Waheed. I do find it interesting. I’ve completed lessons 1-3 of the 29 day beginner challenge and have not hit the hump yet.
Thanks,'Mike

1 Like

Hi everyone !
I am a Designer and have always been interested in coding but never really made the first steps to get started. It seems so daunting! During my design process I often come up with ideas that circle around an App and I would love to be able to prototype them quickly and test my ideas. I also want to be able to read and understand code eventually and be able to realise apps and other code related things. I am currently doing my MFA and have projects where creating apps would help sell the idea and the product.
I am just starting out and I think xCode and swift are ideal to get into coding for beginners like me.
Currently the project I am working on would benefit from an app that serves as some kind of diary/journal application where I can gather data (locally on my phone) related to a few inputs. (related to calendar data, time, a list of specific inputs to choose from, maybe location and the ability to snap fotos to add to that data) Something like this. I know I am just starting out but I am already getting excited during the first few videos of the Beginner series on youtube!
Thank you!
Best,
Christoph

2 Likes

Awesome decision to invest in another skill, Mike! It will surely be a rewarding experience for you. We’re just here to assist, never forget. Have fun and welcome to the family!

And you finally made the first steps! There’s no turning back now, Christoph! We’re keen to see how you will grow and eventually build your first app. Hang in there and keep on having fun! Lovely to welcome you!

Hello everyone! My name is Jeremy, I’m brand new to coding, though I’ve been around it a lot. I’m hoping to learn all I can and then hopefully get pointed in whatever direction I need to round out the knowledge needed to build and launch an app. Glad to be here!

1 Like

We’re glad to have you, Jeremy! Ypur vision will be realized for as long as you just hang in there. We’re here to assist! Have fun learning. :slight_smile:

Hey guys,

I’m Dan, and I’ve been thinking about making an app for a little while, yet I have pretty much no experience with coding. I am eager to learn, I’m just worried that I’ll need a lot of help. Really happy to find your YouTube vids, and this community. Hoping to learn a lot from you guys.

Thanks!

1 Like

Yay, Dan! Welcome to the fam! And no worries on not having any coding experience and needing a lot of help. We’ve all been there. So just ask your questions away and we’ll do our best to answer them. Eager to see you progress and triumph! Let’s go! :slight_smile:

Hello CodeCrew
I am Javad and I am doing research as a numerical quantum physicst. I have been coding with python (+ Fortran) since 2015. But I bought a MacBook a few months ago, and I become familiar with Xcode!!! and also the “Swift” language. A search on Google shoot me through your brilliant free courses. Having a quick view, I noticed coding as an “IOS” developer is a fun!!! And may it help me to find a job out of academic world.
Last but not least, let me appreciate your generosity for the free brilliant courses. Best regards

1 Like

Hello Chris,
I am PHP Developer (Yii2, Laravel, CI and many other frameworks) and having 5 years of experience and now I am interested in iOS so I casually searched for the beginner tutorial and just saw your video regarding the overview of Xcode and I was pretty amazed to see you skill of teaching and it took no long to grab your knowledge. It would be pleasure if I could help you in any way.

Looking for more interaction.

Thank you Chris.
Cheers!!!

1 Like

Glad to welcome you to the family, Javad! You have a very interesting background which you can really use to make your iOS app development learning journey more fulfilling. Have fun learning! :slight_smile:

Yay, Jilesh! Welcome. I even just awarded your first badge to you. Feel free to post your questions or even replies to the other students’ questions. Welcome to the CodeCrew family! :slight_smile:

My name is Jennifer and I am a young senior and hope to make passive income by learning Swift. I have taken a couple Udemy courses that just did not stick, so I’m giving it another go.

I just finished updating Catalina to version 10.15.7 and swift to 12.0. I’m ready, software is ready and here I go!!

Cherrios…
Jenn

Good luck Jenn.

There is a saying that people try to apply to me which is “You can’t teach an old dog new tricks”. At 67 I have proved them all wrong on many occasions.

Go for it.

Remember that there is no such thing as a dumb question in this community, so don’t be afraid to ask.

Cheers
Chris (the other Chris… not the CodeWithChris guy).

HELLO WORLD!

I’m Calvin Yap from Singapore and actually I’m a civil engineer. Wondering why I’m exposing myself to something not related to my scope of work??

Well instead of exploring the softwares I’m on, I decided to spend time to pick up this coding skill myself. Hoping to create some useful apps that would help me in the designing world. *finger crossed

And recently decided to pick up an old Macbook pro to start learn swift code through online tutorial and then I found codewithChris through YouTube. Well, there is always a first step and leap of faith in everyone’s life so hoping to have more interaction with the code crew community.

Peace out!

CY

1 Like

Welcome to the family, Calvin! Your old Macbook Pro will do wonders! You got this. :slight_smile:

Hi y’all,

I’m Vincent and looking to learn Swift while the industry picks back up after having graduated from an Engineering M.S. Tring to broaden my skills and options while taking action on all the app ideas that come to mind in daily life.
Completed the first set of lessons (1-10) and just need to keep my progress going until I get an app out there. Looking forward to the community support and to give back whenever I get up there myself!

Cheers!

1 Like