New Member Introductions

Yes, you will definitely figure it out, maren1234! You’ll go through challenges and loops and roadblocks, and that’s all fine because the most important thing is we will be there with you throughout your learning journey. Let’s go and make this ordering app a reality! Welcome to the family!

Hello, My history with coding is almost non-existent. I’m hoping to learn enough about coding database apps to be able to hire a coder to write a software with an app for my industry, similar to construction management. I’ve made a prototype that has been successfully beta tested on a project and my client offered to pay a healthy amount to use it for other areas of the same project. It is still in use after almost a year.

I’m looking forward to learning more about the pros and cons of different languages and tools, so that I can get accurate bids from developers who have experience in the appropriate language. Many coders have told me that they can write my software, but I don’t trust that they understand all that it needs to be able to do to function well on the job site. The software requires an app that can capture data without a stable wifi or even cellular connection. There will be a large amount of data and image files for each client/project. The app needs to be able to receive data uploaded from a CSV for a high tier offering and/or entered from the mobile device for smaller projects for a low end offering. If the software is developed in the wrong language, it won’t be able to connect successfully with the app. I’ve only watched a few videos so far and I’m hoping that the vocabulary will prove very useful. Also, learning the big picture will help me understand the videos on databases. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, CodeCrew! :wave:
I’m Rafli, I just started learning iOS development.
I’m a UI/UX designer for 5 years and I started learning iOS because I always thought it’d be interesting to combine my skills. I believe this is the place that I’m searching for. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

My name is Ross and I’m about to start the journey of creating my first app :grimacing: :grin:

I study the biomechanics of cycling and want to make an app that allows cyclists to calculate how much time they can save on climbs and time trials by decreasing their mass, reducing drag, and/or reducing rolling resistance. I’m hoping my App can integrate with the Strava API to allow users to select their favorite segments anywhere in the World.

Thank you for providing such amazing resources Chris. Good luck to all of you on your own journey! :v:

1 Like

Cheers, Heather! You’ve come to the right place then. And you seem to be on the right track! The members of our community will be able to share their insights to help you out as well on your project/s. Enjoy!

1 Like

You sure found the right place, Rafli! You have great skills so you’ll only go upwards from here. Enjoy connecting with and learning from the other students! :slight_smile:

Cheers for your kind words, Ross! Your support means a lot. We know you’ll be able to make that app a reality. Welcome again to the fam!

Hi, I just joined this community and am happy to see many people around. My intention is to develop an iOS app for use by the insurance brokers.

1 Like

We’re also happy to have you here, Sreekrishnan! Welcome to the CodeCrew fam! :slight_smile: _

Hey guys!
My name is Siyao, a freshly graduated student.
I have got this app idea I want to make it true and luckily I found Chris and this community.
I have basic knowledge of programming that I’ve got from school but for real practice and making my app idea come true I know crystal clear that I need to put into much more effort!
I am looking forward to the experience I am about to have along this journey and share all of it with you.

Regards,
Siyao

1 Like

Hi,
I am Mohammad. I have an idea in my mind of an application which I think is simple, but when I tried to implement it, it was not easy at all. I tried to learn randomly and by solving any problem I face, but this seems to be the wrong way to do it. Therefore I decided to join this community and code with Chris.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone, I am new to this group, I hired an offshore team to build an app, it is now out on the app store, they build and deploy it, I have access to AWS, MongoDB Atlas and all, but I would like to have a copy of the source code. what should I do? Please advise. Once I get the source code, can I setup a local environment to deploy it to see if it is working as expected?

1 Like

Hello all,

My name is Zach, out of Melbourne - Australia, I currently work in the oil and gas industry in and around Aust/NZ. I have a few ideas that i believe could contribute to the massive app / iOS industry. Have desires to turn to coding full time, ideally as a business but we shall see. Working 40-90H a week currently trying to put in minimum 15H per wk into study, ideally more once i have solid grasp of syntax and UI.

Coding has called to me because of the ability to create something so amazing from something so small (computer), results are derived from your creativity and the amount of time and effort you’re willing to put in.

Thanks to Chris for putting this together, all his videos has helped me leaps and bounds in only 1-2 wks, cant wait to see in 6+months.

Cheers

1 Like

Nice to meet you all - decided to jump onto iOS native dev after debating with myself for a few weeks. I once learned Perl to do some data transformation and the quickly forgot it once the job was done :grin:
Let’s do this…

1 Like

Hello everyone –

I’m a computer teacher in Pennsylvania outside of Philadelphia. I have a Mac lab and have started teaching mobile apps to some awesome and super smart high school girls. I stumbled upon Code with Chris videos while looking up how to do something and I am very happy with the tutorials. They are very clear, and I couldn’t thank you more for that!!

2 Likes

Welcome to the CodeCrew family, Siyao! Congrats on your graduation and yeah, you’ve definitely come to the right place. Yes, keep on updating us on your learning journey. We’re sure the other students here will be more than willing to help. Cheers and have fun! :slight_smile:

Cheers, Mohammed! Welcome here! Now you’ll be able to connect with and learn from other learners who can possibly help you out in achieving your goals. We’ll get through these challenges together! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers, Baye! Welcome to the CodeCrew fam! Feel free to post your question in another relevant thread so it can be answered. Have fun!

Welcome, Zachary! And we couldn’t agree with you more! You’ll only get better and better from here. Thanks for all your kind words! :slight_smile:

Nice to meet you as well, Garrywebb! Welcome and feel free to update us on your project/s. :slight_smile:

1 Like