No output in playground

I’m using xcode 11, whenever I’m writing any code, 1st of all there’s no echo on the right preview bar & also when I’m running the code, there’s no output also in the debug area below(both area is visible).
I don’t think there is any code error because a simple print code is also not executing/showing in the preview/output area.

Can anyone please help??

please post a screenshot so we can compare

It’s stuck here for a while

After that it ends up here, just like that

does your xcode have permission to run the debugger?

sometimes when i run xcode a window pops up and it asks for my administrator password in order to run the debugger

if you don’t want to deal with this issue you can also use an online compiler/playground to just get started on swift

just go to online.swiftplayground.run

Yes it does have permission to run debugger, I don’t know why it’s happening. Anyways thanks for your suggestion i’m gonna try to switch to the online playground, let’s see if that works.

I am newbie to iOS I have downloaded Xcode 11.4.1…trying to start coding but playground doesn’t showing any output not even that “hello playground”

This doesn’t show for a brand new playground project?

yeah run playground just after aftering installing Xcode and found that playground is not even showing hello playground on right bar

it might take some time for it to finish compiling and preparing stuff, it may be downloading it as well, make sure you have given xcode all the permissions on your mac

its been a week now am waiting and trying to fix this thing, Almost check every single thing.
let me know how i suppose to give permission

Thanks everyone.
Finally My problem had been solved after troubleshooting lots of things.

@hassam0001

What was the solution?

It was with macOS Catalina version 10.15.5 that does’nt allow to debug playground code in Xcode 11.6

so all I did is to updated macOS to 10.15.6 and after restarting its automatically started installing other components of Xcode 11.6…

1 Like