Snake Game | SpriteKit | Newbie

Dear Community,

I just bought my first MacBook ever and am now starting to explore the world of SwiftUI and Xcode.
I decided to give the CWC+ program a try.

My personal goal: Publish a cool Snake Game on the App Store by the end of the year (all the ideas are in my head already).

I saw that there is one text-based „SpriteKit“-course that could help me with that.

1. Other than that, are there any other courses planned that will help me reach my goal?
  2. I saw that the major part of SwiftUI-courses is still in the making, should I watch all of the UIKit-videos instead? Are they still up to date?
  3. Do you have any other tips regarding my goal & SpriteKit? Any link/resource/book etc. will help me.

Thank you very much,
Kevin

Hello, if you are much more interested in game development or SpriteKit then that is our only mini course for that, you might be better off checking out other more robust game dev tools, maybe give unity or something else a try? if you are looking to make some simple games like turnbased or something i guess its possible without even using SpriteKit like our War Card App

however, as a beginner i suggest checking out the basics of Swift and app development first before even diving into game development

1 Like