Updating the app by adding lists

Hey All,

New iOS and Xcode time drives me nuts. It breaks existing apps that require an update, and yet, I can’t figure out how to fix it! Ug! Let me see if you all have any ideas.

I have a Realm database app in the store that populates a list view with a Realm Result of the Registry() object. In the updated app, I change to a List object and added an additional model var allservices = List.

The Data is still in the Registry database but when I look at the List, nothing is copied over. New entries work just fine and ae added to the List, however.

I can’t publish the update to correct the new bugs that iOS 13 introduced unless I can protect the user’s data that already is there! Make sense?

Can anyone see where I am going wrong? Maybe it is a migration issue, but for the life of me I have not figured out migration as yet!

My other problem is when I swipe down on a view, it takes the entire view and essentially hides it. Like swiping a card away. I have never seen anything like this, and it only happens in this one app! It’s a tabbed app, but the other tabbed apps I have created don’t do this behavior. This one really has my stumped!

Thanks for any help you can through my way!

Blessings,
—Mark

Hey All,

Well, I figured out by trial and error that iOS changed how VCs are presented. In the Storynboard choose the Segue and Present Modally, this way you can choose Full Sheet and have iOS 12 and prior behavior.

Took a while to snuff this one out. I REALLY need to watch the Apple Dev videos about iOS 13, there are more changes ahead! :slight_smile:

Still have not figured out my Realm problem though! UG!

Blessings,
—Mark

it think doing a direct “allservices = list” is not copying anything over… i suggest you do a loop instead … for listitem in list then insert each item to your allservices variable :slight_smile:

Thanks so much. I will try and loop through the Kist model and see what happens!

Thanks again!

Blessings,
—Mark