Using Firebase data

Hey all,

Im still early in my learning process but Im attempting to building a logbook app. I’m having a lot of trouble understanding how to use data once I have retrieved it from a firebase database. can anyone give me an explanation on just how to use the data in anything other than a list? how do you show a single result in a textfield or in a label?

My example would be that Im building a chart and the data needed is where the learner has been and how many times a person has been there. I can get all of the data from firebase (the learners, where they went, who was with them, conditions of the day) but don’t know how to use just the 2 values needed (learner and where they went) or store them for use in other parts of the app.

if this makes any sense I would really appreciate what ever help anyone can provide

@jasontennis86

Hi Jason,

Welcome to the community.

What does the Firebase data structure look like?

thanks Chris,

the current firebase layout is users, a document id of the user id, then the first document set has the users details, name email, work id etc then then I have a collection of logbook entries called log, that then has the auto generated id and then that hold a heap of details for each drive completed for the day. it would contain things like where they went, etc.

hopefully I have attached the images correctly below