Xcode bug issue

OK, so there is something corrupted in your other project.

In the Finder menu can you select Go and then Go to Folder.

In the window that pops up place this path string ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/
and tap on Go.

What I want you to do is delete the build folder that it related to the project you are having trouble with so we need to locate that first.

there seems to be 3 of the same folder

That may or may not have something to do with it. Make sure that the project is not open in Xcode first of all and then delete those 3 folders that are inside DerivedData.

deleted the three files

OK now open the project in Xcode and it will recreate the build folder which, I hope, will be clean and will now work.

If your project is large and you have pods installed it may take some time to rebuild.

Yes will have to wait a few minutes

If it is building then that’s a good sign.

By way of explanation, the build folder is where the complier does all its work and creates the executable project before either loading it onto your real device or on a simulator that you have chosen.

Unfortunately i am still having the same issue. Do you think i may have to restart the whole project from scratch

That’s unfortunate that it has not worked.

As for starting again, you could but that’s a laborious process. The good news is that your source code in your current project should still be there in the project folder and accessible through Finder so you can copy and paste or drag the swift files into your new version.

As a matter of interest did you have more than one version of your project and did you copy any of the swift files from one object version to another through Finder rather than drag the files into the new version via the project Navigator?

I tried locating the source code but got a bit stuck, would you mind explaining a little more on where i can locate it?

Nope, always had one project

Maybe we can speak via Messenger if that may be a quicker way of communicating? Would that be helpful?

yes we can do that Chris

I was just having a closer look at your screenshot you posted earlier and I noticed that AppIcon is in red text in that window.

In your project file structure in Finder, can you navigate to your Assets.xcassets folder and see if you have a subfolder titled AppIcon.appiconset and inside that your png files related to your AppIcon?

chris can you build my app i try to follow your steps on youtube , but i get lost so if you can build it let me know please thanks