Abdul Wahid's Projects Progress

o/,

I have almost finished the entire apprentice-level SwiftUI and UIKit courses and know that the way forward is to keep working on this skill and refining it, and the way to do that for me is working on new projects, be it doing some of the performer level course, working on some dummy ideas I have or refining and adding to something that I have already completed

I am opening this thread so that I can keep track of all the projects that I will hopefully complete in the future.

I don’t think I am responsible enough to keep a daily journal or blog like some of the amazing people on this forum but I hope I would at least be able to post here every once in a while I finish a new project.

Looking forward to what I can achieve.

April 2nd 2022

I completed the youtube app following along with Micah’s tutorial.

I, unfortunately, wasn’t able to get the google sign-in working As the documentation seems to have changed. I did find the thread where @indyfromoz and @Chris_Parker seem to have worked on a solution but I can’t seem to understand what’s going on.

I am going to consider the youtube app completed for now. I did see that Chris said he would update the course so I might wait for that and fix it.

April 17th, 2022

This one was a bit of a mini-project for me where I took the firestore journal app I built during the UIKit database course And redid it in SwiftUI.

SwiftUI -------------------------------------UIKit

I had so much more fun making this app in SwiftUI but I still had to use text view from UIKit, so glad I did the UIKit courses aswell.

1 Like

May 18th, 2022

It’s been quite a while since I completed a project but having to finish my A-levels mean putting programming on the back burner for a while.

Wanted to do something no matter how little, and decided on remaking the news app from the UIKit courses In SwiftUI ( A new idea, I know).

This was quite fun to complete as I tried some new stuff out, including using a separate row preview View Model, which handles fetching the images for every single article ( Inspired by mica’s youtube app tutorial ), And also because SwiftUI just manages to look so much better without a ton of work.

1 Like