After upgrading to Sonoma and Xcode 15.3 my app will no longer run

My app worked fine yesterday, now after upgrade of Xcode, app won’t run. It doesn’t matter if I try to run the app in a simulator or on a real iOS device, it does the same thing.

A window pops up with a title of "App installation failed: Unable to Install “app name” Then down below there is a huge paragraph that starts with this:

Please try again later. Failed to load Info.plist from bundle at path /Users…

I have rebooted as well and also waited to make sure everything had time to load from the upgrade. I really have no clue how to resolve this issue.

Hoping someone can shed some light on this for me.

Thank you.

@kboone

Hi Ken,

What version of Xcode were you using previously? Seems odd that an upgrade of macOS and Xcode would cause such a major issue.

Is it an App that is from a course you are following or is it your own creation?

So it is an app of my own creation. I have two travel companion apps the support two different locations. So they are basically the same, I typically add new feature/functions to one of them and then do the same to the other a few days later. So I did add a new function, very minor that worked fine on my phone in all the simulators on one of the two apps. The next day I upgraded my Mac due to some Wifi issues I was having with the laptop and I found out Sonoma resolved those issues. So of course after the update to Sonoma when I start Xcode it starts downloading latest version.

So after the upgrade to 15.3 is when everything broke. So even though I added features the day before, which did work, I have not touched the second app, however, both build fine, but won’t install on any device and kicks out that message.

I have dug a little deeper in the bowels of that message that I get it talked about not being able to load a plist specific to google ad mobs. Been doing a lot of reading and apparently there are a number of bugs and some folks have dropped back to Xcode 15.2 and their app works fine.

So I don’t know if my google admobs package has to be updated or if I just need to downgrade to Xcode 15.2 for the time being. Both of those things I’ll need to figure out how to do.

So I downloaded Xcode 15.2 and it works just fine under that. So I am assuming it is a bug in Xcode 15.3 with Google AdMobs.