Android apps and meteor

If I code apps for iOS, how easy is it to later translate it to android? And to web-based?

I thought meteor would be a platform to do all this. But I don’t have enough fundamentals to use meteor. I tried downloading and installing xcode on my mac laptop, but it wanted a later version of the OS. The problem is that if I install this later version, my current version of Mathematica won’t work, and then I need to buy a newer one. Any advice? Should I take Chris’ classes, given that I want apps on all the above OSs? Or should I just grit my teeth and try to plow through meteor tutorials?

You can download earlier versions of Xcode here: https://xcodereleases.com

thanks, I could try to find a version that uses my OS version.

Also, I forgot to mention that I have not much interest in UI and front end. I’m more interested in databases and algorithms, back end stuff, and wish I could just hire someone to do front end, but I want to at least understand what is going on in the front end.

You can always look at freelancer sites and hire someone to do the front end for you.
(Be sure NOT to ask for help in this forum because we do not allow solicitations)

But it’s completely possible to hire someone to do other parts of an application.

Also note iOS, Android, and web are all VERY different.

It will be difficult finding someone who can do all three

1 Like

Blockquote Also note iOS, Android, and web are all VERY different.

It will be difficult finding someone who can do all three

Blockquote
Well, that’s what meteor supposedly does, all 3. So I wonder if it’s better to code it in meteor

That depends on your definition of successfully program all 3.

Meteor I’m sure can do all 3 for a basic use case, but like most all other cross platform solutions, they can fall short for specific use cases