App Store rejected

I was about to publish my first app to the App Store and it was rejected because of this reason:

While we appreciate that your app is intended primarily for use on iPhone, in order to bring your app into compliance with App Store guidelines, all apps designed for use on iPhone must still be formatted correctly and behave properly when run on iPad.

when I run my app on iPad sim it was like this:

How to solve this problem without adding a new destination in my Xcode ? My app is built with SwiftUI

Welcome to the community!

In the project settings you need to uncheck iPad, so it only runs on iPhone, or update your views to actually work on an iPad

it runs only on iPhone but they want it to run on iPad too, iPad represent the view of a iPhone SE I don’t know how to solve this

In your project settings what devices do you have selected? Do you have iPad selected?

Nop I selected iPhone only

Which App Store guideline did they give you that you need to fix?

Cause you can have an iPhone only app, but overall they would like it to run on iPad too

guidline 4.0

I’m surprised it’s just 4.0 because, that shows as just “Design”

With this rule:

Apple customers place a high value on products that are simple, refined, innovative, and easy to use, and that’s what we want to see on the App Store. Coming up with a great design is up to you, but the following are minimum standards for approval to the App Store. And remember that even after your app has been approved, you should update your app to ensure it remains functional and engaging to new and existing customers. Apps that stop working or offer a degraded experience may be removed from the App Store at any time.

If your app is only a calculator, I’m surprised it’s getting through at all

Sometimes you can try explaining that it’s only meant for iPhone, and just resubmitting without changing anything.
But don’t mention that “hey I saw this other app that’s iPhone only why won’t mine go through” Apple doesn’t care

1 Like

That you man :heart:

1 Like