Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles

An attribute in the provided entity has invalid value

An App ID with Identifier ‘com.xxxxx.xxxx’ is not available. Please enter a different string.

I’m trying to register my new app ID so I can publish it on the app store but I’m getting this error. Any identifier that is not real works well but the one that I’m using on my app doesn’t work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Clive

Hi Clive, if you look through the identifiers page on App Store connect, is the one you have in there already taken?

If not someone else must be using it, so you’ll just have to change yours to something else

You are on the right track. Here is my problem that seems to be very common. I had a free account that later I used to create a pay development account. Every time I use Xcode to create a project both the free and pay team account shows up. When I try to register with the paid one it is rejected because it has already automatically registered an app ID with that domain.

Best,
Clive

You could remove your Apple account from Xcode completely and then add back your new paid account

I also tried that but when I added the paid account it adds both accounts at once because they are the same as I created first my free and then converted the same account to a paid one.
//////////////////////////////////////////
This is what apple support suggested:

I understand that you see both your free account and your paid membership when creating App IDs for your account.

There would not be a way to separate them since they are associated with the same Apple ID. You could transfer the Account Holder role of your paid membership to another Apple ID. You can follow these steps to transfer the role to a different Apple ID.

1. Sign in to the Apple Developer website and click Membership.
  2. Click Transfer Your Account Holder Role.
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions to select the new Account Holder.

The new Account Holder must then sign in to the Apple Developer website and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the change.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I didn’t do this. What I did the following

1. Go the https://developer.apple.com/
  2. On the left column click identifiers
  3. Create a new App DI such as com.mycompany.myapp1
  4. Once this is created go to XCode and change com.mycompany.myapp to
    com.mycompany.myapp1
  5. Now that the app ID is already created on the identifiers list there is not problem.

The trick is to create the app identifier before you assigned it the app on Xcode.

Best,
Clive

That’s interesting, I’d see if Apple support could still help

I had a free account before a paid one and never ran into this