Completed Database Couse

First, thank you Chris and Micah for these fabulous courses. I have learned a great deal!

I am 71 and retired. I am not a novice to programming since I spent 15 years in IT. I know many languages, including c++ and python. My introduction to Swift and Xcode did not go well. I found learning Swift on your own to be impossible. Your courses have gotten me to a point that I feel capable of writing my own app. I am hoping to launch that app and make it available on the App Store at some point.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Well done. I’m 68 and started my iOS journey back in May of 2018. What a ride it has been. I’ve followed courses on Udemy and then was introduced to YouTube creators like Mark Moeykens, then Sean Allen, then Paul Hudson and Chris Ching. Followed 2 free courses from Paul Hudson “100 Days of Swift” (UIKit - storyboard) then “100 Days of SwiftUI”. Purchased books from Paul Hudson, Mark Moeykens and Donny Wals.

Certainly the best way to keep your brain active in retirement.

1 Like

Thanks Chris,

I have enjoyed the training. I expect to continue with this. Maybe I will go back to work after being retired for 5 years!

Tom

Back to work??? Hahahaha… Not this little black duck.

I know it sounds a bit nutz to work after retiring with 41 years of experience but… I really like to write code…

I don’t want to participate in the corporate nonsense so it would have to be a fairly unique opportunity… Either that or maybe I need some medication! hahaha

It’s all up to you Tom! You could do freelancing and/or making your own apps!

That doesn’t have you dealing with company nonsense :slight_smile:

Thanks Mikaela… yes, that would be the way to go. In the interim I have more studying to do. I have started on my own app. Doing that gives me an idea of how much I have learned…. Or not!

1 Like

Don’t worry! There’s ALWAYS more to learn :slight_smile: