Core Bluetooth - SwiftUI

Hi, I am trying to learn how to create an app that will communicate with an LED light controlled by an Arduino so my phone will display the brightness level and be able to control it as well.

I have put a lot of time on this website into learning SwiftUI, however when I try to find tutorials on Core Bluetooth they are all using the UIKit. I really don’t understand how to get even the most basic bluetooth app to work and would really appreciate a step by step tutorial on how to do this in SwiftUI, which as far as I can tell does not exist anywhere on the internet.

Welcome to the community @myk410

Because this is a technology that’s integrated into the hardware, a lot of this stuff isn’t used with SwiftUI yet.

Many people are waiting to use SwiftUI until it’s more stable.

From this thread it looks like it is possible because you’re really only interacting with the API, it’s how you update your views that will change. This doesn’t directly answer your question of an in-depth tutorial, it looks like you might have to keep searching.

I’d recommend going through the 14 day challenge in UIKit, to get a basic feel of how it works. It’s pretty much the same as the SwiftUI lessons, haha just UIKit though.

Here’s an amazing tutorial, for UIKit

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

I’m also interested in a Core Bluetooth tutorial as it pertains to swiftUI. myk410, did you ever figure this process out?