Dating app rejected as SPAM

hi guys,

I created an app that was rejected as spam because of DATING. Looks like a new apple policy

does anybody know how to get around that? change the category of the app to social network? etc

ideas are welcomed. I worked hard to create it for apple to reject it

Guideline 4.3 - Design - Spam

Your app still primarily features dating features. As such, it duplicates the content and functionality of many other similar apps currently available on the App Store.

While these app features may be useful, informative or entertaining, we simply have enough of these types of apps on the App Store, and they are considered a form of spam.

It is not dating that rejects your application but it is similar to others in functionality. If you add something else to the function, like note taking or something, you might find is slides through.

best wishes.
Blessings,
–Mark

1 Like

thanks, I’ll try it. I added unique functionality but keeps getting rejected.

I found this Apple practice ridiculous, it’s like the gov saying: I cannot have more supermarkets, we already have some and the new ones offer the same functionality. This practice favors the big dogs and creates monopolies.

Is there a list of the common types of apps that get rejected because there are too many of them?

@Naticio I am facing the exact issue. Did you manage to solve it?

Read their guideline 4.3 spam. Dating, zodiac, compass, flashlight etc

No. Rejected like 10 times. They say I need to add unique functionality and I keep adding but keeps getting rejected. I am starting to think they want to preserve the existing IAC monopoly (they own most of the dating apps)

@Naticio Really sorry to hear that. I emailed them now to clarify which features are the cause of the rejection in my case as my app doesn’t even have a dating option… it’s for hanging out with current friends or new people.

@Naticio any update on this? thanks

No success. every new attempt gets rejected. I believe you need to have a super distinctive/different app experience or know somebody at Apple or be lucky with your reviewer.