I have completed the iOS Foundations 2023 course and all its lessons.
But I feel I am missing something that I cannot find in the dashboard of my CWC+ subscriptions.
Where are, if any available, courses on:
- how to have a user input and save data (e.g. a text value)
- how do I save app data to the Cloud so that it can be used on different devices (app on the iPad vs iOS vs macOS)
- how do I make charts?
- how do I design app icons (which tools are out there, any tips/guidelines/etc)?
Are the above concepts scattered among the “Build App and Games” series?
I have only 2 courses in my dashboard: “iOS Foundations with SwiftUI (2023)” and “Learn iOS in 30 Days” which seems to be same content.
I am lost, I don’t know what is next or where the next lessons are.
They have a new course coming by the end of this July
Hello @pakitt! Have you already subscribed? Pricing : CodeWithChris Here’s the link to subscribe to see his paid content.
- how to have a user input and save data (e.g. a text value): Depends on how you want the data saved. There’s many options available, such as CoreData (soon to be SwiftData), FireBase and others.
- how do I save app data to the Cloud so that it can be used on different devices (app on the iPad vs iOS vs macOS): I don’t believe Chris has a current CloudKit video. However if you YouTube CloudKit, I know there’s a couple good videos out there.
- how do I make charts?: Again, YouTube’s your friend there. Search SwiftUI Charts.
- how do I design app icons (which tools are out there, any tips/guidelines/etc)?: Figma is a common one, Sketch is one Apple supports too. I’m sure others have more examples as well.
https://learn.codewithchris.com/enrollments#courses Hopefully this link loads for you and will show you a lot of the options available to you when in a paid subscription. There’s a design section included.