Firebase Authentication: Error Creating User

Hello, I am receiving an error when following the “Firebase Authentication tutorial 2020” on youtube. I reached the completion of the sign up view controller around the 1:14:00 mark where I encountered an error when attempting to sign up that says “Error Creating User” which I personally made my error string however I cannot understand why it keeps saying this, and I saw a couple others having the same issue but couldn’t find another forum post about it. Here is a snippet of my code. If you can help me out, it would be very much appreciated… cheers!

@IBAction func signUpTapped(_ sender: Any) {

//Validate Fields
    let error = validateFields()

if error != nil {

showError(message: error!)

}
    else {

let firstName = firstNameTextField.text!.trimmingCharacters(in: .whitespacesAndNewlines)
        let lastName = lastNameTextField.text!.trimmingCharacters(in: .whitespacesAndNewlines)
        let email = emailTextField.text!.trimmingCharacters(in: .whitespacesAndNewlines)
        let password = passwordTextField.text!.trimmingCharacters(in: .whitespacesAndNewlines)

//Create User
        Auth.auth().createUser(withEmail: email, password: password) { (result, err) in

if err != nil {
                self.showError(message: "Error creating user.")
            }
            else {

//user created and store data
                let db = Firestore.firestore()

db.collection("users").addDocument(data: [
                    "firstname": firstName,
                    "lastname": lastName,
                ]) { err in
                    if err != nil {
                        self.showError(message: "User data couldn't be saved.")
                    }
                }

transitionToHome()

}
            }

//transition to home screen
        func transitionToHome() {

let homeViewController = storyboard?.instantiateViewController(withIdentifier: Constants.Storyboard.homeViewController) as? HomeViewController

view.window?.rootViewController = homeViewController
            view.window?.makeKeyAndVisible()

}
    }
}

i suggest printing the error , or show use the debug log what is written there

also make sure you have enabled the email option in your firebase project/database auth settings

I have the same error right now. Did you manage to fix this problem and do you remember how?