Firebase Authentication firebase file error

Hey everyone! I’m currently going through the Firebase Authentication Tutorial and I’m almost finished!
my issue comes when I try to launch the app, it builds fine but when it simulates it crashes immediately giving me this error

2020-12-24 13:58:37.167773-0500 I Journey[18378:230498] 6.34.0 - [Firebase/Core][I-COR000012] Could not locate configuration file: ‘GoogleService-Info.plist’.

2020-12-24 13:58:37.173767-0500 I Journey[18378:230340] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘com.firebase.core’, reason: ’[FIRApp configure]; (FirebaseApp.configure() in Swift) could not find a valid GoogleService-Info.plist in your project. Please download one from https://console.firebase.google.com/.'

so to me, it looks like it’s an issue connecting to the file we pulled off the firebase site. I tried removing the file and redownloading it but got the same error I have the file added to my project like I’m supposed to but it can’t seem to connect to it. below I’ve added a screenshot for reference if that helps any.
one idea I did have was redownloading the google file which I did but I had to create a new firebase project to find the file again so if anyone knows how I could get the original for my project instead of creating a new one that might help.

That’s a simple fix. Your Google Services file should be named EXACTLY:

GoogleService-Info.plist

To fix yours, tap on the filename in the left panel and edit the name so that it is exactly as above.

When you download those files they often are downloaded into your Download folder and if there is an existing file, the new one that is added is renamed automatically by MacOS to avoid overwriting the one that is already there.

1 Like

That appears to have fixed that error, thank you!

I had the same problem last week. I had downloaded the plist file twice and the (2) threw me.

it’s such a random little thing that I woulda never thought of!

1 Like