Firebase Authentication Tutorial video

I actually have a problem with my string in text boxes going outside the trailing space of my screen for login and registration controllers. I seem to have my stack view correctly bounded on both sides, so I’m not sure why this is happening. What could be the problem?

It’s not necessary to add constraints to the elements inside the stack view other than height if that is really needed. I suspect that the width constraint is causing your issue. Configure the stackView so that the Alignment is set to Fill, the Distribution is set to Fill and the spacing set to whatever you prefer and that should be sufficient.

Also when you post images of your code, use the built in Screenshot app rather than take a photograph. Photographs of code are very hard to view.

With the Mac ScreenShot App, you can capture the entire window, the entire screen or a section of the screen.

If you just want a small section, press Shift + Command + 4 which will change your mouse pointer into a set of crosshairs. Click and drag diagonally across the screen to capture the section you want. When you let go of the mouse button, the image will be saved to your Desktop and will be named something like “Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 1.22.57 pm”.

Other options are available by pressing Shift + Command + 5 and an options bar will appear near the bottom of the screen.

1 Like

Such parameters have already been set, but unfortunately it does not help, the line still goes beyond the StackViev border. :frowning:

Delete the constraint. Click on it and delete it.

1 Like

I deleted it, created new ones and tried it several times, the same result …

You probably need to model your constraints on the Custom Login Demo project as per this screen shot.

1 Like
  1. The data does not appear in Realtime Databas (Firebase), as I understand it, the code is missing:

var ref: DatabaseReference!
ref = Database.database().reference()

Can you please tell me how to correctly write this into the code in “SignUpViewController”?

1. After being authenticated when re-entering the application, do not re-enter email and password? Perhaps you have already made a video on this topic or wrote, tell me where to look?

Just so that there is no confusion about who I am you should know what I am not the Code With Chris guy. His name is Chris Ching. I am one of the moderators here helping out where I can. I just happen to have the same first name.

I am assuming that you are basing your application on the The Custom Login Demo that Chris Ching created. Is that the case?

Yes that’s right. I have several questions that I just can’t figure out. I wrote about them above.

Thank you for answering. Perhaps you can help me?

A post was split to a new topic: Build fails after pod installation