Get Fatal Error: Unexpectedly found nil while implicitly unwrapping Optional value

Hi guys,

First time asking question on here. I’m currently putting a sign up page and login page together. I’m following Chris’ Firebase Authentication tutorial but for some reason when I call the Utilities.style stuff or the errorLabel.alpha and run the code it gives me a fatal error. I don’t know what I need to do to fix this so any help is appreciated. I’ve included a screenshot of what I see. Thanks!!

Try 0.0 instead of 0 and see if you get the same error.

Blessings
—Mark

Check your bindings. You’ve got errorLabel force unwrapped as an IBOutlet but the compiler is finding nil when it tries to access it. So it’s been deleted from your storyboard or renamed or otherwise not connected in some way.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

ok Im having the same problem here too but i have checked over and double checked it.
I also restarted the whole thing over too see where i might of messed up still no joy.
I have tried the solutions above as well.

If anyone can help me that would be great.

Hi Cal Welcome to the community!

It looks like your VC is named “LoginViewController”

Whereas your IBOutlet is connected to “Login View Controller”

That’s just the way InterfaceBuilder displays names. It breaks up camel-cased names into separate words. You can see it with Stack View in the same screenshot.

anyonw else got any ideas?