Guidance/Ideas towards SwiftUI Inventory Management

Hi all,

I’m half-way done on Lesson 6 in Chris’s SwiftUI Foundation course, I would like to slowly start up with my own small project using SwiftUI or Swift, one idea I have in mind is to solve on of the many things in my workplace which is inventory management. I was trying to search the internet including youtube for any good place for start-up guidance on ideas/designs/techniques require to kickstart this project, but hardly I could find a good place.

Thinking if I can get some guidance or ideas here in this community on any resources that I can read up on to start this small project on a Inventory Management app (with database and barcode scanning, in-out logging functionalities). For background purposes, currently in my workplace we are just using simple Excel spreadsheets for tracking.

Thanks in advanced.

Hi @twan did you end up building anything?

One of the first steps with any start up is to research your competition: so I did just that. It appears that there may be a couple of Inventory Management apps with barcode scanning abilities. This one seems to do most of what you described in a nice way with tons of features: ‎Inventory Control with Scanner on the App Store