Hello everyone does anyone knows hot to go back when you committed a mistake on the story board instead of re do it all over again

Hello everyone does anyone knows hot to go back when you committed a mistake on the story board instead of re do it all over again

Hi Brandon,

Welcome to the code crew community.

Command + Z (Undo) works to some extent though I have not used that method extensively. In most cases I look for the constraint in the document outline and highlight it then press Delete. The other way is to select the Object in the Document Outline then go across to the Size Inspector in the right hand panel, scroll down so you can see the constraint that you don’t want and then select it and press Delete.

Removing the Object from the Storyboard also gets rid of the constraints attached to it but that might have consequences for other Objects that relied on it in the hierarchy.

ooooo ok, so for example if i’m using story board and i eliminate a constrain by mistake is there any button i can press to go back in time and undo the mistake and come back to normal again?

the real question is if i committed a mistake or change something wrong in the story board is there a button to undo and make 1 step back ?

No there is no button in Xcode to go back as such. If you use Command + Z multiple times you can undo changes up to a point. There is a limit to how far you can go back and that is dependant on when you last opened the project and began editing.

That said, if you use Source Control you can discard all your changes since the last commit. If you are unfamiliar with Source Control, that is a large subject and learning process all on it’s own.

Chris Parker you were very helpful. your answers help me a lot Thank you so muchhh