In App Purchases in SwiftUI - Unable to get 'Restore Purchases' working

Hey y’all. I have finished my app, other than completely integrating IAP. I have gotten the IAP to work but the ‘Restore Purchases’ doesn’t seem to be working for me. I have a fitness app where if you download it, you get it for free with limited options. However, if you paid monthly or yearly, you have full access to all the options. So i set up a flag: full_access to false and if the productId matches what i have in AppStore Connect, then the flag is flipped to true. Which is fine. The issue i am having is, if the user has to Restore their purchase for whatever reason (uninstalled / reinstalled app), once i click on Restore Purchases, it restores it whether the user is valid, unsubscribed or expired.
Below is the code i am referencing (My IAP is SUBSCRIPTIONS):

/// When user restored iAP purchases, verify the receipt if it’s a subscription or unlock the content for Non-Consumable items
if status == .restored {
/// For subscriptions, make sure to call PKManager.verifySubscription to check the status
if productId == “monthly” {
PKManager.verifySubscription(identifier: “monthly”) { (_, subscriptionStatus, productId) in
if productId == “monthly” {
if subscriptionStatus == .success {
// unlock product
}
}
}
}
}

} else {
        /// When there is an error coming back from Apple, you can decide to present an alert to the user here
        // Implement your error handling here
    }

Any help would be greatly appreciated