iOS app rejected because Guideline 4.2.3 - Design - Minimum Functionality

So my iOS app was rejected because it have a button that would take you to WhatsApp to start your chat with anonymous number.

They have rejected my app and reply with this message:

We were required to install WhatsApp before we could use your app. Apps should be able to run on launch, without requiring additional apps to be installed.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to ensure that users can use it upon launch. If your app requires authentication before use, please use methods that can authenticate users from within your app.

I did add the WhatsApp Scheme in my info.plist based on their website WhatsApp Scheme:

This is my code:

var hasWhatsApp : Bool {
        let appScheme = "whatsapp"
        let appUrl    = "\(appScheme)://app"
        if UIApplication.shared.canOpenURL(URL(string: appUrl)! as URL) {
            return true
        }
        return false
    }

if hasWhatsApp {
         let phoneNumber   = textField.text!
         let StringURL     = "\(K.URL.whatsappWeb)\(phoneNumber)?text="
         let encodedString = StringURL.addingPercentEncoding(withAllowedCharacters: .urlQueryAllowed)
         guard let url     = URL(string: encodedString!) else {return}
         UIApplication.shared.open(url)
     }

I have seen lot of apps that are available on the AppStore which will take you to another app (WhatsApp for example) once you click a button inside the origin app!

I did make an appeal and told apple about the other apps but unfortunately the are ignoring my comments.

I found few topics regarding this issue but non of them was helpful
I hope some body here can help me.

Does your app do anything besides call out to WhatsApp? Or is it completely useless if the user doesn’t have WhatsApp installed? That’s the kind of thing they’re talking about.

There are other functionalities in my app but this function is the main one.

I would like you to try this app and then give me what you think. Based on your comment, does this app worth to be in AppStore?

Yeah, I’m not going to do that. If it’s in the store, Apple felt it was worthwhile. It’s their store, they make the rules.

Welcome to the community!

There is a section in the App Store review process where you can respond why you think your app should be accepted.

Apple will respond back, it’s like a thread.

In other cases you can ask to speak to a representative