iOS Foundations (UIKit), Module1, Lesson 3 Exercise Assets not correct

Hi Chris,

I am currently iOS Foundations (UIKit), Module1, Lesson 3 Exercise Stack Views and am trying to build what is required in the exercise but the asset file wrong graphics M1L03 Lesson Assets.zip has “UIStackview Images” and not the pictures mentioned.Can you kindly look into this and have it fixed?

The assets you require are there.

When you tap on “Download Materials” you are presented with a Dropbox page.

• Tap on Module 1
  • Tap on Lesson 03
  • Tap on the file “M1L03B Activity Assets.zip”
  • Tap on the folder “Lesson 03 Exercise Images”

You should see the various sized images for Barbell, Beach and Running.

• Tap on the Download button on the top right of your screen and select “Direct Download”.

Those images will be downloaded to your Download folder and named as “M1L03B Activity Assets.zip”
Double click on the file and then open the folder with the same name and drag the images into your assets catalogue.

My bad :frowning:

Will be careful in future.

Thanks

Sarwar

Dumb question maybe, but I have searched everywhere for the PDF for YouTube video on the Ch.3 activity that uses these assets. I can’t find anything to get started other than the assets and a solution file.

Thanks,
Chris

@cvolek

Hi Chris, Welcome to the community.

I’m assuming that you are referring to this video on YouTube.

Be aware that there have been significant changes to the structure of the codewithchris.com website since that video was posted to YouTube (Feb 2019). Some Lesson assets include PDF worksheets and others do not.

Given that SwiftUI is the future of iOS development I would imagine that Chris Ching is focusing his attention in that domain rather than UIKit so the status of any resources for the UIKit series of Lessons have remained untouched since about mid 2019 when SwiftUI was released.

Hi, Chris. Thanks for the response. I had just finished watching lesson 3 and there is mention of an “activity” at the end of the video. Dropbox has the following files:

M1L03B Activity Assets.zip
M1L03B Activity Solution File.zip

The activity has something to do with fitness I am guessing–pictures of a barbell, beach and someone running. I am guessing the activity involves placing these in the storyboard using stacks. But I can find nothing other than the assets and the solution which I definitely don’t want to start with. I assume there at least ‘used’ to be a video and/or pdf with instructions. There was a “Bonus” video for chapter 2 that I completed. I just can’t find the starting point for 3B.

And yeah, I’m aware that SwiftUI is the new direction with Xcode, I just wanted to see what Storyboard(ing) was like as I am interested in it for rapid prototyping of an old app that needs updating.

Thanks,
Chris

OK I understand.

I think this might be the one you are looking for:

That’s the one! I couldn’t find that on YouTube. Thanks!!

@cvolek

Chris

If you want to try setting up the UI before watching the video, this is what it is supposed to look like:

1 Like