macOS Big Sur 11.3.1 & Firebase connection

Hi,

After updated my macOS Big Sure 11.3.1, got this error
nw_protocol_get_quic_image_block_invoke dlopen libquic failed

I am learning the Lesson iOS Database (UIKit) Lesson 11 Querying Data. The previous code in lesson 5,6,7,8, 9, and 10 are working fine before the macOS updates, however, all not working now. May I have your advice?

I use iPad (8th generation simulator), iOS deployment Target tried: 14.3 & 14.5, both not working

Thanks!

Nicky.

Hi Nicky,

Ignore that warning/error message. Just about everyone gets that when running an App on a simulator.

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply. However, the simulator console does not show the results anymore. May I have your advice?

Thanks again.

Nicky.

If you have just updated Xcode then the first thing I would do is reboot your Mac so that any changes in the software update take effect. Often some changes don’t take effect until you restart.

You may also need to update your pods too. So close the project in Xcode and then open Terminal, navigate to the project folder as you would have done when you installed the Firebase pods previously and then at the command line use the command

pod update

This will refresh your previously installed pods and make any changes that are necessary.

When that finishes, Open your project in Xcode and build it - Command + B

Hope that helps.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your advice again. I tried the suggestions and the problem still same. I created a new xcode project and some of the lesson activities work now.

However, ‘addSnapshotListener’ practice still not working yet.

let listener1 = db.collection("games").document("tetris").addSnapshotListener{(docSnapshot, error) in

if error == nil && docSnapshot != nil && docSnapshot!.data() != nil{
                    print("Push:")
                    print(docSnapshot!.data() as Any)
                }
            }
            listener1.remove()

Thanks again.

Nicky.

@nickyncy

It looks to me like the listener is being removed before you get a chance to make a change to the data and observe the effect of making that change. Try commenting out the line

listener1.remove()

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot!

Nicky.