Missing Attributes Inspector

Somehow my attributes inspector has gone missing from the right side inspector pane, and also does not show in the menu under View → Inspectors. It’s missing from every project I open.There were previously 2 other posts on this forum that had the same problem, but for both of them creating a new project brought it back. I’ve tried that and no luck. I’ve quit and restarted Xcode, and rebooted the system as well, all with the same non-result. I guess my next step is to uninstall Xcode and reinstall it, but that seems like it might be a pane to re-set everything up again.
Before I resort to that task, I thought I’d check if anyone has anything else to try.
Here are some screen shots of what I’m seeing:

Welcome to the community!

I the Attributes Inspector is only shown in UIKit projects for .storyboard files

to[quote=“mikaelacaron, post:2, topic:23120, full:true”]
Welcome to the community!

I the Attributes Inspector is only shown in UIKit projects for .storyboard files
[/quote]
It’s been there for my SwiftUI projects as well, as I’ve been using it up until now to change fonts, colors, etc. and Chris Ching demonstrates it a lot in his foundations course.

Can you screenshot which one you’re talking about from one of his videos? Maybe I misunderstand which one you’re talking about

It’s the one that’s active in this screen shot:

Oh gotcha, yeah this is a weird thing with SwiftUI and how it works with Xcode right now (because it’s so new)

You need to have the Canvas open, to see this option!
Open the canvas with Option + Cmd + Enter
And then you’ll click on the right pane, and see the option for the inspector

1 Like

Got it! Thanks! that was the missing bit. I had closed the canvas to get more editor room, and didn’t make that connection as I had only used that inspector when clicking on the code that I wanted to modify.

1 Like

Yup it’s a weird caveat