Module 2 Lesson 7 autofill/coloring

As I have completed challenge M2L7. I came across a problem where I had to type everything else and autofill options after “.” or “(” or variable/object names would not appear.

Also as I was continuing, there was no color coding from my coding. everything was just white. I remember Chris mentioning that he would have to restart Xcode, which after I was complete that did work for me. But is there a cause to this and a solution besides restarting Xcode?

3rdly, up until this point I have been running preview as I code to see how things are going and if I made any mistakes. but it seems that now I have to constantly “command” “B” for it to up date. is that due to the nature of using the folders?

I have tried all sorts of things to try and get Xcode “autocomplete” to work again but it seems that the fastest solution is just to re-start Xcode.

3rdly, up until this point I have been running preview as I code to see how things are going and if I made any mistakes. but it seems that now I have to constantly “command” “B” for it to up date. is that due to the nature of using the folders?

Getting preview to work can be a bit tricky and sometimes does not work when it previously did. It’s quite frustrating at times. I have noticed that with each newer generation of Xcode, Previews have been getting better and less of a hassle but there is still room for improvement. It will be interesting to see what changes have been made when Xcode 13 is officially released (probably a few months away yet).

Same with Module 2 Lesson 8. im attempting to add a Button and I usually always type Button( and select things, however now I have to commit to memory on how to do everything after. ive even tried restarting Xcode

@wutodouble

There must be something in your View that is preventing autocomplete from working. Can you post your code.

Paste your code in as text, rather than providing a screenshot.

Place 3 back-ticks ``` on the line above your code and 3 back-ticks ``` on the line below your code so that it is formatted nicely. The back-tick character is located on the same keyboard key as the tilde character ~ (below the Esc key).

This also makes it easier for anyone assisting as they can copy the code and carry out some testing rather than having to type the code in from an image.