New Xcode project issue

Hey Code Crew!
I’m just getting started with Xcode and watched a bunch of “Code with Chris” videos and gained so much knowledge, but when I launched Xcode and made my first project, I got a message saying this: “No author information was supplied by the version control system.” I ignore the message and resumed the file, and it worked and saw the simulator, but then I got a warning message under “Buildtime” under “All Issues” saying: “Capabilities for Signing & Capabilities may not funciton correctly because its entitlements use a placeholder team ID. To resolve this, select a development team in the … editor.” I’ve replaced my project name with a “…” What does this message mean and how do I fix this?

i think you checked the “create a repository/git for a mac” when you created the project. i suggest just create a new one with this unchecked

you will also need to login your appleID on the teams found at the “signing and capabilities” tab, make sure you automatically allow xcode to manage provisions and stuff

1 Like

I logged in with my Apple Id and it solved the problem, but I’m not sure what the repository/git is. When I resume and run the code, I get 5 errors/bugs in the “Show the Debug navigator” tab under Thread 1. How do I fix this.

@iamak

Copy and paste the errors in a reply to this thread. It will help to identify what you need to do.

1 Like

Thanks man.

I’m using Xcode, and I don’t have a developer account because I don’t need one to make apps. However, I am going to make an account once I finish the app and is ready to be launched to the App Store. As I’m coding, I’m getting few error messages like this on Xcode report navigator:

Showing All Messages
Failed to create provisioning profile. (There are no devices registered in your account on the developer website. Plug in and select a device to have Xcode register it.)

And these in Signing & Capabilities under Status:

Failed to create provisioning profile.
There are no devices registered in your account on the developer website. Plug in and select a device to have Xcode register it.

And

No profiles for ’ ’ were found
Xcode couldn’t find any iOS App Development provisioning profiles matching ’ '.

How do I fix these issues? I also can’t add “FirebaseApp.configure()” in AppDelegates.swift file.

Thanks!

Wait. I think I fixed it

I still need help adding the FirebaseApp.configure()