Nothing shows in debugging console Xcode 13.2.1

Hello, just joined today and started on the iOS Foundation Lesson 2 Challenge. There are no entries in debugging console even though I can clearly see both panes at the bottom of the window. I even tried to put a print(“Hi”) statements in different sections of the code and they don’t get displayed in the console either - please kindly help.

Welcome to the community!

Can you paste the code you’re trying to run?

Are you running it on the simulator? And not preview?

Paste your code in as text, rather than providing a screenshot. (But also in this case use a screenshot)

To format the code nicely, place 3 back-ticks ``` on the line above your code and 3 back-ticks ``` on the line below your code. The 3 back-ticks must be the ONLY characters on the line. The back-tick character is located on the same keyboard key as the tilde character ~ (which is located below the Esc key). You can also highlight an entire code block and click the </> button on the toolbar to wrap the block for you.

This also makes it easier for anyone assisting as they can copy the code and carry out some testing.

1 Like

Thank you Mikaela. I was running it with preview and not with simulator! When I run it with simulator I can see entries in the debug console. Much appreciated!

2 Likes