Problems enrolling Apple Developer Program

I started with Chris’ course back in July and have just completed my first app. And it’s pretty good if I do say so myself!

I was super excited to put it in the App Store and started enrollment process last night into developer program to which I was summarily rejected with no apparent explanation. I googled it to see what’s What and this Is a common problem With no apparent solution. It sounds like Apple is trying to squash individual developers. Does anyone have some inroads at Apple who can help with enrolling?

You would have received a reason for the App being rejected.

Not the app … my enrollment to the developer program itself was denied. And it is apparently a wide spread problem. I’m frustrated as heck after investing all the time on learning Swift and I feel like it’s all for nothing.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am in the same boat and I am extremely frustrated.

To be clear, you’re having issues doing this? Is it not letting you go to the page to pay the 99 dollars (for individual account)?

is it giving you this error?

Yes it was giving me that error. Thankfully I found a solution. Originally I tried to sign up on my iPad and that was the beginning of my issues. I think the main issue was doing the ID verification where I uploaded my drivers license. The iPad told me to attempt to reach out the Apple but they were no help at all. They literally told me they couldn’t tell me what was wrong with my account and there was nothing they could do to help me! Its unfathomable to think that is an approved response by an apple employee which I received from multiple different people for my consecutive attempts to reach out to them.

My solution was to create a new gmail and new apple id account. Then I made sure I used my Macbooks chrome web browser to go to the sign up page. I was able to skip the verification process (which I confirmed was okay to do after reaching out to apple one last time) that states you need to upload an ID or drivers license to verify your identity. That did the trick! A day or two later I finally received all the confirmations and approvals and my account is now up and running.

I’m glad I found a solution but oh boy this process was a nightmare!