Push Notifications

Can someone please tell me the steps and syntax for using push notifications? Can’t find any videos Xcode 10 or 11. Thank you

1 Like

I know this isn’t too helpful but i wanted to warn anyone looking for tutorials on push notifications.

iOS 13 has a bunch of changes to how notifications work and Apple has stated that you must use the NEW way of doing it by Nov 2020 (https://www.programmableweb.com/news/apple-tasks-developers-to-update-push-notification-services-api-november-2020/2019/11/06).

So when you’re googling for tutorials, make sure that you’re looking for “iOS 13 push notification tutorials” otherwise, you’re going to have to eventually change what you did.

I’m planning to do push notification tutorials too so i’ll update you when i do!

1 Like

Hi Chris - I am facing a lot of trouble making remote notifications work with Firebase. Did you get a chance to make this tutorial. Would be super helpful.

Seems like something with iOS 15.1 update doesnt work right. In my local I was able to receive notification but it just stopped working after updating my iOS.

Hi @sheetal

As part of the extensive CWC+ portfolio of courses, there is a ScreenCast course which contains a series of tutorials including both Local Notifications and Push Notifications.

The Push Notifications covers using Firebase and should give you all the necessary information to get you going.

2 Likes

Btw, I see this error when I try to setup Firebase using .p12. only p8 seems to work.

So cool! Thanks for sharing the below :slight_smile:

I think you’re referring to the certificate format. It’s normal for different tools to support different formats. So from your statement, I think it means Public Key Cryptography Standards #12 and PKCS#8. There is also a .der format. You can convert between the different formats easily with OpenSSL. So it seems Firebase only accepts PKCS#8, or .p8 files.

Hi

Where can I find the CWC+ Screencasts course in the dashboard?
I would like to learn more about local notification
currently I would like to handle user action upon open, but I am not using UIKit and delegate