Sandbox / Apple

Yes ive paid for help for sure. Not trying to get out of doing that just needing help and the person ive used for help before isn’t responding. I wouldn’t want to fix someones electrical system for free.
The link is below:
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/storekit/in-app_purchase/testing_in-app_purchases_with_sandbox

I believe I understand what they are talking about production and development now. But it just not working like im reading.

When testing, if the purchase has gone through like it was suppose to, will it be showing in App Store connect under that test account as subscribed or show something on that end?

Oh no! I didn’t mean it in that way, I just meant, if that is the service you’re looking for, that’s definitely a paid service

Let me take a look

I would clear the purchase history of your sandbox user, if you haven’t already

https://help.apple.com/app-store-connect/#/dev7e89e149d

Also, just double checking, have you created the IAPs in App Store Connect? And what kind of IAPs are you testing? Subscriptions, consumable, etc?

I appreciate your help with all of this and I believe I have found the issues. Thank you and im happy to be apart of this community!

1 Like

Post what your solution was! It may help someone else!

Still unresolved. Sandbox accounts still not showing up when trying to test. Thanks

@Geterrdun can you answer these questions, so I can have a better idea of what you’re testing

Well I believe my problem exist exactly in the question you have asked. It seems maybe I need in-app purchase and auto-renewable subscription setup in App Store Connect? I previously only had auto-renewable in App Store Connect.

There’s many different kinds of in app purchase types, I was wondering specifically what yours is

See here

That could definitely be why it isn’t working, you have to have the proper IAPs set up in App Store Connect to be able to test them

Im trying to get auto-renewable subscription implemented.

And you have that added into App Store Connect? Or are you setting up a different / new subscription from the same app?

I have subscription setup in App Store Connect and it’s the first. I still can’t get the environment to change to sandbox no matter what I do. ive tried to run it straight from Xcode on my real device and just downloading it to the device and disconnecting it from Xcode and still nothing changes.

So im unsure how to go about testing it other than in Xcode. Is this good enough? it all works in Xcode on the simulator.

You could create a test flight build and have a friend install the beta app and they should be able to test it

yes Ive done that and it says to them they successfully purchase the subscription. Besides Xcode, that is the only other way ive been able to test it. When I look at my sandbox testers I never seen that they had subscribed to anyting ever. Does this kinda thing show up in there? I seen you can clear the purchases, but that is it. Thanks

No I don’t think so. Is it shows properly for beta testers you should be good!!

Also check out WWDC videos, there’s a StoreKit 2 video I believe also about testing IAPs

First of all I want to Thank you for taking the time to try to help me out with my issues. I have finally figured it out and I hope it will help all those in need or having the similar issues.

So after starting to add subscriptions to another one of my apps… I found out if you set up all of your in-app purchases and or subscriptions in App Store Connect. You then go to your project in Xcode and add your files for StoreKit by selecting download from App Store Connect it will then gather all the information from App Store Connect and connect everything that way. I didn’t know this, but I do now. I seem to have had everything in place, but it just wasn’t talking to one another. So best thing to do is set everything up in App Store connect before then download it to Xcode.

Now that I have it all set up for this app. I can run in Xcode or run on my real device and I get Sandbox as my user NOT Xcode like I was previously.

Hope this helps someone else out.

Thanks again Mikaelacaron!!