Sandbox / Apple

Hello Friends,

I would to test some Apps also the App Purchase Sandbox feature, but it’s don’t work for me and I would to know how it works and what I need for it.

I get this message “You are currently not entitled to in-app purchases to do in the sandbox. This Apple ID does not have the Necessary permission to in-app to make purchases. you can Account Permissions in iTunes Change connect. [Environment: Sandbox]”

If I go to iTunes Connect the page don’t open also I can’t log into App connect. Maybe some can put me in his Sandbox tester account. I can also pay for it or do something else

Welcome to the community!
To test in-app purchases you need to purchase a paid Apple developer account, which is a yearly fee.

I highly recommend against anyone letting you just “use their account” for free or even by your paying them.

You can easily go online and convert your free account to a paid one

Thanks for your reply.

So I need just a Account I can use by every App the Test purchase function? I think not or?

Or can just I use by apps the sandbox and not by other Apple ID apps?

To be able to test in-app purchases for your app, you need a paid Apple developer account

I don’t think I understand what you mean by: “ Account I can use by every App the Test purchase function”

I mean if I have this account and the paid membership. Can I go into every App or Game and make a in App purchase with sandbox or it’s this not possible because the App it’s not my own. I can just use the sandbox in my own app?

You mean making test purchases on any app in the App Store?? NO, that’s not how it works. You can only test your own application.

Yea that’s my question!

Oh I thought I can use it in any Apps. Because I play at the moment a game and if I buy something it stays „Sanbox mode“

And getting this message, so I thought I can use it, in this app

A game that you downloaded from the App Store gives you that error?

That looks like an error from a TestFlight app

Yes, that’s why I would test and maybe report this error… So what I need for it? Or maybe someone or you can invite me to test it?

Hang on, can you clarify what exactly your question is??? I don’t think I understand. But here’s more info:

You can test in app purchases for your own application by debugging and using Xcode

You are allowed to use TestFlight, an app for beta testing anyone’s application, which you need a sandbox user account for (in App Store settings) and an actual in app purchase event will not occur in test flight. Because it is a beta app, not a real App Store application

Yea I understand this but How I can get the sandbox mode?

There is no setting a “sandbox mode” a beta app is already ready for beta testing.

You can make an in app purchase, and it will look like it buys something, but in reality it doesn’t because it’s a beta app.

In Settings > App Store > Sandbox account, you can use an account here for testing the app that you’re running on your device that is NOT a beta app, but just ran from Xcode

Hello! Im having issues being able to test in-app purchases also. I can’t seem to make my environment change from Xcode to sandbox test account. Ive searched for answers but nothing is making sense or working like ive read. Can someone please explain in detail so I can understand? ive finally been able to find the sandbox tester login on my real device and have successfully signed in, but when try to test, it just keeps saying environment is Xcode instead of my sandbox tester account.

Welcome to the community!!

Interesting, you should be able to run the app on your own device and use the sandbox account

I believe it’s still not possible to test IAPs on the simulator (or if you do, you have to log in)

You could try to build the “release” version of the app, by changing the scheme

Thanks im glad to be apart of somewhere I can possibly get the help I need when needed. Ive tried running it on my phone and every time I get environment: Xcode, not once did it ask for a log in to use the sandbox like ive read. How do you go about it? Do you use a real device and just log your tester accounts in them?

We’re happy to help! That’s what this forum is for :heart:

You should be able to go to Settings > App Store

Scroll to the bottom and see the section Sandbox Account and login there.

You do have to already have created a sandbox account in App Store Connect

Ive done this, and still doesn’t let me use my sandbox account. Ive been stuck on this for a while. I don’t have the money to spend to pay for a tutor again. Im really needing a mentor I can call upon when I need help, like now. Im between jobs have no income atm and been trying to learn all of this alone for the last year and I think Ive made some really good headway. Ive got 4 apps in the App Store now, but this in-app purchase stuff has been real unclear why I can get it all to work like ive read. Thank you so much for trying to help me. I believe I follow you on twitter along with a few others. I love the tutorials that CWC has ive found some that has helped me get through some of the problems ive has as well. Im going to keep trying to figure out what im missing or done wrong some how.

Maybe I’ll create a new sandbox account and see if that will help me.

im confused on how to switch between development and production that they are talking about in the docs… is this either on real device or a simulator? A real device being production and simulator being development?

Make an in-app purchase

The first time you make a purchase in a development-signed app, sign in to the App Store using your Sandbox Apple ID to begin testing. When you sign in, the text [Environment: Sandbox] appears, indicating that you’ve connected to the test environment. If [Environment: Sandbox] doesn’t appear, you’re using the production environment.

This would definitely be something that’s paid. Having someone available whenever you need is definitely something that you need to pay people for their time. You can always post in this forum and others can try to help

Which docs are you using? Can you drop the link here