UIPickerView from API

I’m loading data from my API that contains a Name (name) and an ID (id) + some other info. How could I load the names into a UIPickerView, and get the id for the selected one?

Hi Braden,

Welcome to the community!

Below is the code I use to display a picker of colors for a user to select the background of the app.

If you call the delegate and datasource, Xcode will stub out the required methods, just like in a tableView.

Utilize the didSelectRow method to grab the id which I assume to have listed in a struct somewhere.

This should get you going.
Blessings,
—Mark

extension BackgroundColorVC: UIPickerViewDelegate, UIPickerViewDataSource {
    func numberOfComponents(in pickerView: UIPickerView) -> Int {
        return 1
    }

func pickerView(_ pickerView: UIPickerView, numberOfRowsInComponent component: Int) -> Int {
        textColor.count
    }

func pickerView(_ pickerView: UIPickerView, titleForRow row: Int, forComponent component: Int) -> String? {
        return textColor[row]
    }

func pickerView(_ pickerView: UIPickerView, widthForComponent component: Int) -> CGFloat {
        return 200
    }

func pickerView(_ pickerView: UIPickerView, viewForRow row: Int, forComponent component: Int, reusing view: UIView?) -> UIView {
        let pickerLabel = UILabel()
        let titleData = textColor[row]
        let myTitle = NSAttributedString(string: titleData, attributes: [NSAttributedString.Key.font:UIFont(name: "Georgia", size: 26.0)!, NSAttributedString.Key.foregroundColor:UIColor.darkGray])
        pickerLabel.attributedText = myTitle

//Add color
        pickerLabel.backgroundColor = colors[row]
        pickerLabel.textAlignment = .center
        return pickerLabel
    }

func pickerView(_ pickerView: UIPickerView, rowHeightForComponent component: Int) -> CGFloat
    {
        return 60
    }

func pickerView(_ pickerView: UIPickerView, didSelectRow row: Int, inComponent component: Int) {
        backgroundColor = textColor[row]
    }

}