UIView.animate options parameter not working

Hi there,

I’m new to iOS app development and I’m currently working through the Matching Game course on Youtube. There is a part that when two cards match together they need to disappear from the screen, I followed all the steps but could not get the animation working. Here is a screenshot of the code

Basically the cell is supposed to fade out smoothly, but in my case it just waits for 1 second (0.5 second delay and 0.5 second duration) and suddenly disappears. I have tried increasing the duration to 1, 2 and 3 seconds, and it only seems to work at the very end when I adjust the duration to 2 or 3 seconds (just the very end there is a smooth decrease in opacity, but not throughout). I’ve googled a bunch of solutions but none of them seem to be working for me right now. Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Hi @LarvaeKnotch Welcome!

Try calling this from viewDidAppear and see if this is what you are after.

func remove() {
    UIView.animate(withDuration: 1.0, delay: 0.0, options: UIView.AnimationOptions.curveEaseOut, animations: {

//your image.alpha = 0.0  here 

}, completion: nil)

}

Blessings,
—Mark

1 Like

its because you delayed it equal to the duration so it just vanishes, just change your delay to 0

1 Like

Hi!

Thank you for the suggestion! But currently I haven’t come up with a way that calls the remove function from the viewDidAppear function directly, since it is a method in my custom Cell class, and the remove method is called when two cells with the same front images are selected :’( But thank you anyway for answering the question!

Cyan

Hi,

Thank you! But sadly this does not solve the problem :frowning:

quick question. why did you use uiview.animate instead of uiview.transition like in chris’ video?

uiview.transition was for flipping the card, he used uiview.animate for fading out the matched cards