Unable to read workout data in healthkit in SwiftUI

I’m trying to get the number of workouts performed within the week and display the count in a view and also display the workout like you see in the Apple Fitness app. I’m having issues reading the data and displaying it. I’m trying to only get functional strength training and traditional strength training workouts. Below is the code I’m using. I’m omitting the authorization method because I have that with other health variables I’m getting. Also, when I try to get the workoutActivity type to display, nothing is showing up. I’ve looked over apple’s healthkit documentation but getting a big confused/lost as a beginner, particularly with the workout data. Any help would be appreciated.

class HealthStoreViewModel: ObservableObject {

var selectedWorkoutQuery: HKQuery?
    @Published var muscleStrength: [HKWorkout] = [HKWorkout]()

func getStrengthTrainingWorkouts() {
        let date = Date()
        let startDate = Calendar.current.dateInterval(of: .weekOfYear, for: date)?.start
        let datePredicate = HKQuery.predicateForSamples(withStart: startDate, end: nil, options: .strictStartDate)

let traditionalStrengthTrainingPredicate = HKQuery.predicateForWorkouts(with: .traditionalStrengthTraining)
        let functionalStrengthTrainingPredicate = HKQuery.predicateForWorkouts(with: .functionalStrengthTraining)

let strengthCompound = NSCompoundPredicate(andPredicateWithSubpredicates: [datePredicate, traditionalStrengthTrainingPredicate, functionalStrengthTrainingPredicate])

let selectedWorkoutQuery = HKSampleQuery(sampleType: HKWorkoutType.workoutType(), predicate: strengthCompound, limit: HKObjectQueryNoLimit, sortDescriptors: nil) { strengthQuery, samples, error in

guard let samples = samples else {
                fatalError("An error has occured \(error?.localizedDescription)")
            }

DispatchQueue.main.async {

if let workouts = samples as? [HKWorkout] {

for workout in workouts {
                        self.muscleStrength.append(workout)
                    }
                }
            }
        }

self.healthStore?.execute(selectedWorkoutQuery)

}

Here is the view I would like to display the count and workouts but nothing is showing

struct MuscleView: View {

@ObservedObject var healthStoreVM: HealthStoreViewModel

var body: some View {
        List(healthStoreVM.muscleStrength, id: \.self) {
            workout in

Text("\(workout.workoutActivityType.rawValue)")
        }

}
}

Which article are you follow?

I’ve been using their workout documentation and roughly following this https://developer.apple.com/documentation/healthkit/workouts_and_activity_rings/accessing_condensed_workout_samples to get a start. I’ve also used ChatGPT to see if that would helped and Stackoverflow and Reddit. Majority of articles on healthkit is getting step count or heart rate but nothing I could find for workouts.

Not sure if this is what you need since it’s not part of the code snippet from your question.

I think you need to call the getStrengthTrainingWorkouts() function inside the MuscleView.

struct MuscleView: View {
    @ObservedObject var healthStoreVM: HealthStoreViewModel

var body: some View {
        List(healthStoreVM.muscleStrength, id: \.self) {
            workout in

Text("\(workout.workoutActivityType.rawValue)")
        }
        .onAppear {
            healthStoreVM.getStrengthTrainingWorkouts()
        }
    }
}