Error with Cocoapods/Podfile

Hi,
Im following along with a tutorial, and the main goal is to create a podfile and then add some packages to it.
But when i redirect into my project folder through the terminal and run pod init, i get this error:

equire’: cannot load such file – concurrent/map (** LoadError **)

After running pod init, im supposed to run open PodFile and then add “FBSDKLoginKit” and
“Firebase/Auth”
Btw. Im using SwiftUI and ruby 2.6, idk if this is relevant
Any ideas?
Would really appreciate some help

Hi Nick,

Welcome to the Code Crew community.

First Question: Have you installed Cocoapods on your Mac?

I have run sudo gem install cocoapods in the terminal, and i dont get any errors. So i assume i have it installed on my Mac

@NickG28209

To check the version you have installed, you can type the following at the Terminal prompt
pod --version

@Chris_Parker
I get this error when doing so,
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in `require’: cannot load such file – concurrent/map ( LoadError )

Nick, do you have a new M1 Mac by any chance?

I dont think so, I have a Mac Pro bought last year

In that case it’s not an M1 chipped version and will be an Intel. That’s fine.

I’m just looking on the net for any information about that error message you posted. So far there appears to be something to do with brew that needs to be reset but just hold tight till I do a little more research.

Okay thank you, really appreciate it. I will wait

OK, there are a couple of commands that need to be executed in terminal. In order to do so you need to have administrator rights attached to your Mac login. Do you have admin access?

Well its my computer, so i suppose so

OK lets check that first. Open System Preferences and then select Users & Groups.

Your username should have Admin below it if you have administrator rights.

This is hw mine looks:

ah yes, i am the admin

OK first command:

sudo chown -R $(whoami):admin /usr/local

This ensures that the administrator owns /usr/local

Enter your Mac password when asked.

The second command updates brew which from my research is the issue in your case.

cd /usr/local && git fetch && git reset --hard origin/master && brew update

For your information, this is the source that I referred to in order to establish the corrective action you need to take:

@NickG28209

How is it going?

I got this in the terminal when i ran sudo chown -R $(whoami):admin /usr/local

chown: /usr/local: Operation not permitted

OK can you type the following command in terminal to find out what version of ruby is installed.

ruby --version