Marcin's Car Listing App - Community App Challenge

Hey CodeCrew,

This is my first Community App Challenge.

My repository is here.

I wanted to share with You my accomplishment on Level 1 Requirements which I guess I achieved.

For time being, this is how the app look like:

I have done so far:

• Show a simple list of collapsed items or cards
  • Extract the list information from the join JSON file (whole data is in CarList.json file)
  • Show a collapsed list that consists of the following:
    • Car Image
    • Name
    • Price
    • Rating (it is showed with icons of little cars)

From now on, I will start to achieve Level 2 Requirements.

2 Likes

Hey CodeCrew,

Today I guess I achieved Level 2 Requirements. I updated my repo.

One thing which is struggling me that the last car row cannot be easily expanded when clicking it (I need to click ‘Show details’ button and then row with details is expanding, also when I click different row).

This is simulator issue or maybe I have done something not right? Can someone take a look please?

From now on, I will start to achieve Level 3 Requirements. Fingers crossed!

Hey CodeCrew,

Level 3 Requirements achieved!

Both filters are working and searching for Car Make or Car Model.

I tried to show another screen, when search results do not match to data what User provided in the filters, but I can’t find a solution on how to do this. Maybe someone can help here?

Also, anyone had a chance to look into case I mentioned previously? When the last car row cannot be easily expanded when clicking it?

I uploaded the video for a showcase reel. I look forward for more Community App Challenges! This was a great opportunity to practice own SwiftUI coding skills and experience more in this language.

1 Like