Meenakshi's 100 years quest

Hey there !
I’m Meenakshi Poorani from India and I’ve just completed the 14 day challenge and signed up for an annual plan.
Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu :sparkles:

1 Like

Welcome to the community!! Excited to see what you build!

1 Like

Day 1
So yesterday, after watching the orientation videos, I was so pumped up that I went ahead and started off the course, completing upto half of the challenge in Module 2 - lesson 2.
And today, I actually sat down earlier than usual to complete the rest of the challenge and zoomed through lessons 3,4,5 and 6.
State of mind at the end of the day : I’m really happy pursuing App Development. So happy that I feel all warm and fuzzy inside, really. Being somewhat of a creative person, I feel this gives me an avenue where I can unleash my creativity - something I dearly missed in my previous employment. It sorta brings together the best of both worlds for me (my love for solving problems and creating things).

3 Likes

Great start!! :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Day 2

Took things a bit slow and steady today and completed lessons 7, 8 and 9 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Congrats! Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Day 3

Completed lessons 10, 11 and 12 today :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Was kinda scared if I would understand JSON parsing when I started on that lesson, but have to say, Mr.Chris has done a really great job explaining everything step by step along with all the reasoning behind each step. Made sure to take detailed notes and now I’m confident it’ll become second nature to me with enough practice (which I believe
is not going to take very long as I complete more challenges here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: )

1 Like

Day 4
Took my time with lesson 13 and completed lesson 14. Although I finished watching lesson 15, think I’ll wrap up for the day and practice it with a fresh mind tomorrow morning and hopefully complete Module 2 :sweat_smile:

Day 5

Yipieee ! I was so fired up today, not only did I complete Module 2 (the Recipe App), I went ahead and completed Module 3 (GitHub) too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m actually gonna give myself a pat on the back rn I managed to learn as much as I did in 5 days. And I’m super excited and eager as ever to learn more :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Day 6
Decided to take the day off :sweat_smile:

Day 7
Completed Module 4 lessons 1,2,3 and watched the video for lesson 4…will undertake the challenge tomorrow :innocent:

1 Like

Day 8

Completed module 4 lessons 4,5 and 6. Although I did complete the challenge associated with lesson 7, I seem to be having issues with Xcode Previews. It crashes every time I click on a swiftUI File, not just for my code but also the lesson 7 challenge solution project dowloaded from the dropbox :disappointed_relieved: I did try out a test project and previews work fine there, so I’m wondering if the use of Double.random to generate random colours has something to do with all the crashes. I was really hoping to complete upto lesson 8 today * sigh *

Day 9

Completed lessons 8,9,10 and 11 today from module 4 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hey way to go journaling your work for more than a week, and almost 10 days even!! Nicely done, and great progress :slight_smile:

1 Like

Day 10 & 11

Completed Module 4 and into the 6th chapter of module 5 I go :yawning_face:

Day 12
Decided to take things slow today and completed lesson 6 along with the associated challenge today. A highlight from today though was, I showed my Mom and Dad all the progress I’ve made till now (haven’t shown anyone what I’ve been upto) and she smiled :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: She’s always been proud of everything I do though so…* chuckles * Still, this is special because I want to make this my career and her smile and this evening will be one of those moments I’ll look back and cherish in this journey :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Day 13
Completed Module 5 lessons 7 and 8. Additionally, got this idea of going back and revising the older modules every weekend from now on by trying to recreate them on my own and so, I successfully managed to recreate the War Challenge App today :innocent:

Day 14
Completed lessons 9,10,11,12 and 13 from module 5 today :innocent: