My first App is published. Timezoner

Hi Chris, hi folks!

I’m not sure if it’s a good idea or not, but I’ve decided to share with the community my first small success.

After I finished the IOS Foundation course, I came up with an idea for my first app (Actually, my wife asked me to create it) , and called it Timezoner (just for fun)

My submission was accepted yesterday by an Apple reviewer, and I’ve just published the App in the App Store.

So, if anyone is interested, this is the final version:

I’m pretty sure my code is not really good, and I’d be happy if someone gave me a piece of advice on how to improve it.

A couple of words about the overall approach

-I intentionally use only time zone identifications (from the device) to get the cities list. With this approach, I can be sure time zones will be accurate. (Let’s assume Apple updates its database). Any external API requires an Internet connection and is not reliable enough.

Sorry for the mistakes, guys. I’m not an English native.

Chris, thank you and your team very much. Your course is very understandable, and I really like your approach to teaching and explaining things. It took me just 1,5 months from zero (I’m not a developer, I’m just a pilot without a job) to the first app in the App Store.

3 Likes

Wow, Well done :+1:t2:

I can’t find an app „timezoner“ nor „timezoneplanner“. Do you have a direct link?

Sure.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/timezoner/id1628491628

1 Like

Congratulations! The entire CWC team is proud of you! If you’d like to be featured in our CWC Success Stories campaign, then kindly send an email to arthur@codewithchris.com for more details. This is a great way to promote your learning journey and app to a broader audience. Once again, well done, more success to come!

1 Like

Nice one. Simple and great overview to quickly schedule a meeting in different time zones. :grinning: :+1:

Молодец! (I assume you speak Russian based on your name…), so cool, well done, and thanks for the share!! Amazing what you accomplished in a month and a half. A big inspiration :slight_smile: highly suggest you reach out to @Art and get featured.

I love too that you even decided to share out the code-base, so those truly curious can view/ replicate what you did! This is great. You might even want to consider linking to your repo from the App Store. This way you might get other developers to create pull requests (special term in Git, where people ask to add changes to your code-base) to add more features.

My only question, why would someone use your app over the built-in time-zone feature in the Calendar app already? From there, I can select the time zone for each city…

If the meeting was in London (or most other cities…), I can just search for it/ change it there:

It then displays the new time-zone, GMT+1

Regardless, even if it does replicate some features already available, your app is focused on making this more easily handled/ managed :facepunch:t2::clap:t2: incredible you already got it on the App Store too!! I’d be curious to know how many students here, end up publishing any apps at all. So you’ve already achieved a big accomplishment (one I’m still striving towards) :partying_face::confetti_ball::tada:

There’s some other pilots on here too that might appreciate your app!! I’ll tag one of them…
Check-out @drclive’s awesome app here

@The_Code_Toad some inspiration for you as well!

Cheers and well done @argenteus!!

-Andrew